Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A challenge

I resolved over the weekend (as I often do in hot weather) to eat well for a few weeks before we leave for fieldwork.  Make the most of all that lovely seasonal fruit and veg etc. etc.  I did well for the first few days.

Today a student gave me a box of particularly nice chocolates as a thank you for helping her with her statistics and listening to her worries, even though she wasn't officially my responsibility.  So nice of her!  But... mmm, chocolate! 

Yes, I COULD share it with people at work.  But the main people who scarf all the free goodies include the person who was officially responsible for the student and kept refusing to help out with the statistics, leading to the student being in my office in the first place (and this is a bright, but very anxious student, who we all knew would need support during that stage of their thesis).  I didn't feel like the person whose job I had done deserved to have the nice chocolates!  Yeah, I can be petty like that...

Today, I did well.  I ate two chocolates, and put the rest of the box in the freezer.  Frozen chocolates take a LONG time to eat, meaning that they have to be savoured.  We'll see how long I can make the box last... at two a day, that would be about 15 days...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with eating the frozen chocolate slowly!

    ReplyDelete