Wednesday, February 20, 2013

...and I spent the REST of the day worrying about it

Well, I survived the first "stressful event" bit of my job for this year (ugh.  Grammar.  Him no heres this evening).  One down...

It was ANNOYING though because as part of his 'everyone has to do it' policy, the head of department insisted that everyone allocated to the day do a certain task (my least fave task).  In the course of an Event, one person will be kept comfortably busy if they have six or seven Tasks of this type to do, but today there were only twelve tasks and five people allocated to work the event.  So we all got to do two or three tasks, and to stand around bored, self-conscious, trying to look like we were doing things, and NOT doing things for the rest of the event.  So... why he couldn't let three of us NOT BE THERE, or let us all GO EARLY?  Do not know.

But I did not panic, and that is Good.  I did eat too much chocolate though...

2 comments:

  1. "too much chocolate"? does not compute, does not compute . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it went well. And I, too, would say that "too much chocolate" might be just about right in some circumstances (what could be wrong with a relatively inexpensive, over-the-counter, plant-based supplement that helps maintain energy, delivers some valuable micronutrients and, I believe, has been shown to improve mood in some situations?)

    ReplyDelete